Sunday, January 03, 2010

Hammers and tetanus shots...

The new year starts and my mom and I have started the mission of finally remodeling the basement. We ripped up the sub floor of the small room (soon to be my bed room -again) I'm actually looking forward to doing this. It's amazing the invigorating feeling you can get get from tearing into a floor and destroying the parts of your home that just aren't up to snuff... well, so long as you know that they'll get put back together again.
Somewhere along the way, I managed to drag a nail into my knee and while it's only skin deep, I'm a little worried. I'm fully aware of the amount of mildew in that room as well as the amount of spider webs.  So I'm hoping for some high quality anti-biotic ointment to kick in and save me from dying in my sleep tonight, because death would be a really crappy way to start off a year that I'm so excited for.
Song for the day.. .mostly for the chorus...
Hanson - Next Train...
Well, I finally found tomorrow cause I just now found today.
And I'm left with all this sorrow lingering from yesterday.

So I'm leaving this behind on the next train, To a place where I don't know
Well, I may not arrive on the best train, But I'm tired of trying to let go

Well, I'd love for you to be there on the day I say goodbye
But I've lost too much to ghosts here to even waste a sigh

So I'm leaving this behind on the next train, To a place where I don't know
Well, I'm leaving this behind and the next pain, Cause I'm tired of trying to let go

Well you're the drugs in my vein, You lift me up and leave me pain, I'm broken beaten barely sane
So leave it on the next train
I'd gladly stay to wade it through and find out what it meant to you, but it's clear to me this time so I'm leaving this behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment