Monday, May 24, 2010

I know it isn't much

This weekend was a lesson in love languages and balance.

We all have a way that we tell people that we love them. Some of us use words, some of us give gifts, or buy dinner, some of us do things that we know the other person doesn't want to do so they don't have to, some of us require cuddle time. Remarkably, my family is about diverse in love languages as possible. That leads to a lot of hurt feelings and a lot of resentment.

This weekend though we somehow found a way to balance all of that and get a long. We got things done and that was a good feeling.

Song of the day: This Christmas I'm Yours : This Is Energy.

2 comments:

  1. Guess I should make a concerted effort to learn everyones love language. Might make it easier for you to really understand how very much I love you and how incredible I think you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how much you love and all that jazz, it's just that sometimes the rest of us aren't very good at showing it, including myself.

    ReplyDelete