Sunday, July 11, 2010

knowing when to let it go

It's 10:30pm on a Sunday night. Time for the wind down, the settling in for the last free sleep before a long week at work with PJs straight from the drier and fluffy extra loved pillows. That's what I SHOULD be doing. Instead, I'm slumped over a thermos I almost never use that I paid way too much for. But it's a thermos that very few people have, and you can't get it anymore, and that makes it worth more than what I paid. Well, to me anyway.
The bottom of the thermos is a thin silicone mat which keeps it from sliding or clinking when you set it on the table. I made the mistake of taking this thermos to work and putting it in an industrial dishwasher. The thin silicone mat was held on by glue. Glue that's very old now. Glue that couldn't handle the industrial washer.  So the glue let go. After I found the mat at the bottom of the diswasher, I let it dry for a week. So now I'm slumped over the thermos breathing epoxy fumes and hoping that there's a way to save the letters that are starting to chip off. If I can't finish off this coffee set with the mugs... the least I can hope for is that Hanson stays "highly caffeinated since 1992".
I know that I shoudln't cling to the theremos... but I don't know when to let go. Maybe that's because I drink too much coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment