Monday, July 26, 2010

Who?

I have been described as a passionate person. I have also been labeled obsessive. I don't argue with either. It's really hard to argue with the truth, but passionate sounds better, so I tend to favor that and correct people who call me obsessive. I was reminded of the severity of my personality this weekend.
I may have become a bit passionate (completely obsessed) with a show called Doctor Who (on BBCAmerica). I might have been more excited about the season finale than I was about anything else this weekend and I had a very full weekend.
Fridays are half days at work during the summer which extends my weekend so much so that my mom and I feel like we have two Saturdays. So Friday afternoon Mom, Dad and I headed down to the lake and to check out other lake front properties they're considering buying next month. We were gone a full seven hours just the three of us in the car with periodic stops to look at some awesome scenery and a few truck stops. I have some fantastic photos I'll get posted later tonight but Friday was a day that reminded me just how hilarious my dad is, and just how wonderful my parents can be.
Saturday was equally spectacular. Mom and I won tickets for Cats at the Muny from work so in the morning Mom took Aunt Faye shopping and I stayed home and cleaned and watched about five hours of the Doctor Who marathon on BBCA.
With the threat of rain looming Mom and I headed out for Cats and hoped for the best. Of course not two minutes before the last scene of the first half (Memories) the rain poured and the show was canceled. Mom missed the entirety of the musical that she wanted to see. It was almost comical. But we played in the rain for a bit and enjoyed the weather. Eventually we got home to watch the season finale of Doctor Who.
I should note that I hadn't stopped mentioning the show for the last 48 hours. I am simultaneously overjoyed at the way the season ended and anxiously saddened by the ending of the season. It draws us that much closer to the end of the 11th doctor and the end of the series.
Despite the fact that this season is over, I highly recommend Doctor Who to anyone looking to watch some awesome re-runs this summer. The fact that two days later I'm still gushing about how amazing this show is might just make up my mind that I'm not just passionate, I might just be obsessed. This one should tide me over until my next obsession nears in, the road trip to Minneapolis for Hanson at the Zoo (oh and if you're in St. Louis, make it to the Hanson show at the Pageant. They don't cancel like the Jonas Bros and Kings of Leon.)

Quote of the day: The Doctor: Maybe you've had enough coffee now; how about some nice, calming tea? Let's get you a cup of chamomile or something, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment