Monday, August 09, 2010

The Blister Tour

Every time my friends and I travel to see a concert or three, we nickname the tour. The Use Your Soul Tour became the ticket tour because no matter where we went we got parking tickets.  This tour has been not so lovingly named the Blister Tour. Blisters, that's right. We're feeling some pain.
The St. Louis Walk was insanely hot, and I'm pretty sure no one really knew how hot it was before we started walking but it was over 100 degrees. The Walk could have easily been canceled but the band and a hand full of dedicated souls went ahead and trucked through it. There's so many details to the walk but the important notes, Taylor's emotions blistered to the surface and the people who walked with shoes got  a pretty intense guilt trip and a harsh reminder of the severity of what we're working towards. Isaac, I'm pretty sure, has some intense blisters on his feet for the sake of stopping and helping a lost child get through the walk and find their family. It was simultaneously the most exhausting, briefest, and emotionally stirring Walk I've ever seen and that includes the Tulsa Walk in 2007 without Isaac (although in an entirely different way). Needless to say between the Walk, Andrea's broken shoe and my attempt to save her feet by giving her my flip flops, we've got some gnarly blisters on our feet.

That alone wouldn't have won the title of Blister tour. The rental car for the drive to Minneapolis was a good two hours late and so due to some polite calls on our end they upgraded us to a convertible... a Chrysler Seabring, silver with a black soft top. Oh go ahead and drool.  I'll post a few pictures of the little beauty I've named Crystal. The sky was clear and it was all of 80 out side. We rode through Missouri with the top down... again... go ahead and drool.  Please... I'll wait. 
None of us have ever driven a convertible before. All of us were way too excited by the prospect of the convertible for the trip too consider that the sun burns over long periods of time. And over too long a period of time, one winds up with second degree burns on their arms, and that means blisters. Yup. Blisters thanks to Crystal and my overzealous excitement about driving my Mom's dream car. (I want one now too.) 

From the blisters on our feet to the blisters on our arms this has become a full fledged Blister tour. Sigh...

That said this has been the most amazing tour ever. That is a blog that can wait until after the Minneapolis show.

Song for the day: Straight Lines by Silverchair

No comments:

Post a Comment