Monday, August 16, 2010

Glasses

It's been twelve years since I've had glasses as my primary vision aid. For the last twelve years I've woken up every day and poked myself in the eye, and wound up making myself cry. Today I picked up two pairs of glasses and put my last pair of contacts to the side. And while the general opinion is that the glasses look amazing (again pictures will follow tomorrow) I'm already pretty sure I know why I was so ready to put my glasses aside a life time ago. The headache and odd eye strain just from changing the way I see is exhausting. But the worst part about glasses is that my peripheral vision is crap. The corner of my eye and the bottom of my line of sight might as well not exist. I'm going to have to get contacts again. I'll wait for a while, but this can't be my only way of seeing. I'm too blind for this.

Song for the day: No Rain by Blind Melon

No comments:

Post a Comment