Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ever since I put your picture in a frame

A friend sent me a few pictures yesterday and I was struck by just what makes a great photo. There are pictures that are fantastic -true works of art- and there are the pictures that we cling to and would run back into a burning building for - these pictures rarely are worthy of art galleries. 
We tend to forget the beauty of pictures and the value of letters and music thanks to the instant access over the internet. 
But nothing has made me feel more valued or more loved than to know that my friends have pictures of us all in a frame, that they've hung on to hand written letters and that they dance to the songs we've shared. The letters aren't well written, the pictures are pretty bad, the songs are corny.

Picture in a Frame - Tom Waits
Sun come up it was blue and gold
Sun come up it was blue and gold
Sun come up it was blue and gold
ever since I put your picture
in a frame.

I come calling in my Sunday best
I come calling in my Sunday best
I come calling in my Sunday best
ever since I put your picture
in a frame

I'm gonna love you
till the wheels come off
oh yea

I love you baby and I always will
I love you baby and I always will
I love you baby and I always will
ever since I put your picture
in a frame

No comments:

Post a Comment