Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Is it January, yet?

There's a deep breath before the holidays. A moment where every thing rushes in on you and the whirlwind surrounds every tiny project that you need to complete before the end of the year. A deep breath in. And the world holds its breath.

That's where I am. I'm in the middle of running to prepare, running to figure out how to make it all work. And now I've done all I can and I just have to wait. I have to just pause and wait for the calendar to catch up with me and tell me if it will fall into place. I'm not sure how it will. The schedules are so busy. The deadlines at work and due dates on bills and Christmas presents just don't want to work together.

That is -I think - the magic of the holidays, the world starts breathing again. You get to exhale. And if it worked, fantastic! If it fell apart, well, you have a story to tell next year when it does work. But regardless, we're breathing.

There's so much going on that to start to tell the details of any one thing would invite the world of crazy in on me, but there's a line in Sherwood's song "Not Gonna Love" that goes "I am a favorite in a fight that I can't win, so every morning I take another on the chin, but I never know what round I'm in." And that is my theme for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment