Friday, December 04, 2009

Unrequited Love...

So I've mentioned my writing to a few of my friends... and I've been able to dance around really sharing much so I thought today would be a pretty fitting day to throw a few more out there, so they can tell me I'm awesome and mean it... :) I mean... they can tell me what they think... this means you...honestly.

Unlucky Fates-
We sit at mahogany tables
gods and goddesses circle above
Chilled to the core
From the wind of their golden wings.
Whispers of wit and wine settle into our ears
Entertaining thoughts of fire places and knightly battles
Too close to Olympia yet dying in Hades
We lay in the cradle of demigods
with manure in our beds.

Hello - Goodbye
The thought crosses my mind that you're gone
But you infiltrated every thing
All the little things
Highways, songs, notebooks
Your voice, your name
Just the same as the last day,
Just the same as the first day
The moment you said hello
I was looking for goodbye.
People generally find what they're looking for
So I'll give you back your blanket
And give me back my games
Give me the goodbye I've wanted and end it.

Card Exchange
It's not that we're dying...
It's that you're not trying.

The Christmas card family is
Melting in the fireplace
While he sits there watching her
Kissing the lips on a strangers face.
Desperate to hear a word from the other side of the table
As if a breath could make her a happy wife
He leaps at the sound of her breathing and if he's able
He clings to her lips as she breathes her way out of his life.

Rain in Iowa
Rain drops fall slow but steady
Wise men say they'll fall all evening
That they're falling over you already
The world cries for you leaving.

Still I hold on to your jacket
As though you'll come for it
I curl up in our bed under heavy blankets
Smother out the pain forsaking comfort.

Friends bring over coffee cake
And summer sausage casseroles to feed no one.
So with Nature, I cry tears to fill your lake
I am left to mourn now to Avalon you've gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment