Monday, December 14, 2009

Re-evaluating

It's the end of the year, and friends and I have been talking. This seems to be the best time to slough off the old skin and bad relationships. All year long we make excuses and we take a load of crap from "friends" just because. At a certain point you have to figure out if it's a trend for that person, and if it's worth it to take the excuse. Maybe it's in the spirit of a new years resolution; maybe it's in the spirit of not wasting money on a gift for a person you won't talk to in a week, maybe it's in the spirit of preserving your own sanity. Whatever the nature of actually evaluating your friendships if we all did it more often maybe we wouldn't wind up being so hurt so often, and maybe we'd be better friends ourselves.

In the spirit of that, and some pretty bitter slaps in the face yesterday, the song for the day...
On My Way - Ingram Hill
I don't want your old letters, I don't want to be friends
I've had enough to last a life time, and I don't want to go again,
I don't have to find a reason, and I don't have to answer why,
Doesn't matter who is wrong here, I just want to see you cry.
On my way, I'll take the sunshine, on my way I'll take your dreams
On my way I'll say I'm sorry to no one but me.
So let your family know I'm leaving, lie to your girlfriends that you're well
Call and leave a crying message, I want to know it hurts like hell
On my way I'll take the sunshine, on my way I'll take your dreams
On my way I'll say I'm sorry to no one but me.
On my way, I'll be my own man, and I'll only please myself,
On my way, my pride's the only feeling I've got left.

No comments:

Post a Comment